Our first choice is always reuse. By reuse we mean trying to find a new home for an unwanted item thereby prolonging its life cycle. That’s why we have opened retail outlet in Skelmersdale and Bootle. We also sell items on eBay and in our on line shop as some of the things we collect would not find a buyer in the showrooms.
When an item is not ready for a new home for whatever reason we use a variety of processes to restore it, rebuild it or remanufacture it. The following are some examples with definitions and examples:
- Reclaim - the process of reclaiming something from loss or from a less useful condition
- Refurbish - refers to the practice of restoring an item to a like-new condition
- Remanufacture - the process in which worn-out products are restored to like-new condition
- Repair - fix or mend an item suffering from damage or a fault
- Upcycled - the process of converting waste materials or useless products into new materials or products